Do you have a Samsung tv and are willing to connect it with your Vizio soundbar, don’t be worried because the whole process might be tricky but if you follow some basic rules it is not that hard. There are three methods that can be used to connect a Samsung tv to a Vizio soundbar. These methods are HDMI, Optical cable, and Bluetooth and the following methods can also let you control your Vizio soundbar from Samsung TV Remote.
3 methods to connect Vizio soundbar to Samsung tv
- Optical cable
Connect with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface).
HDMI is a standard for simultaneously transmitting digital video and audio from a source like your Samsung tv. It is considered the best method of all. When you connect your Samsung TV using HDMI ARC, it can be controlled from your TV remote. Follow this simple steps to connect your vizio Sound Bar with your Samsung TV,
- Collect HDMI cable
- first one end of the cable into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV
- plug other end into the HDMI port of your vizio sound bar
- turn on both of your devices
- press the input button on your vizio Sound Bar and select HDMI
- then change the audio output on your Samsung TV to HDMI
- check if the sound placed through the Sound Bar by playing any audio or video that has noise in it.
Troubleshooting The HDMI Connection
if your audio system is not working even after you have completed the above steps you need to toggle one more setting, go to the TV settings where you will find the sound settings, select sound settings and go to the expert settings, then change HDMI and digital audio output to PCM. after changing ths output, you will surely hear the sound coming out from your visit on but its not verify audio source and audio output on your face your 7 work and Samsung TV respectively.
Connect with Optical cable
We all are familiar with an optical cable which is also known as Toslink cable for fiber optic cable. we are considering this is as the second best method to connect your video sound but to Samsung TV after HDMI. Both of these methods are quite similar. Follow these simple steps below to connect your Vizio soundbar to the Samsung TV using your optical cable.
- Take your optical cable
- it is not mandatory but it’s better to remove the plastic cover.
- flag one end of the cable into the optical port of your Samsung TV
- club the other end of the optical cable to the same port of the vizio soundbar
- turn on both of your vizio Sound Bar and Samsung TV and press input button.
- now confirm by selecting optical as the input method.
- go to the menu and select audio where you will see that TV speakers are turned on then you have to turn it off
- change your audio settings from “Digital audio out” to Bitstream or Dolby Digital
- now test your audio system by playing something on your TV and see if the audio plays to your vizio Sound Bar.
Trouble shooting the optical cable connection
After completing a steps above you are unable to hear sound from your vizio Sound Bar and it is either not playing from your TV speakers then you have to turn on the toggle the same settings as we did in HDMI connection. Just simply go to expert settings on your Samsung TV and change digital audio output an HDMI to PCM. After changing all the settings your hear sound coming from your vizio soundbar.
Connect with Bluetooth.
Connect with Bluetooth
Pairing your Vizio soundbar and Samsung tv with Bluetooth is much easier. This method is different from the methods mentioned above because you don’t have to use any kind of cable in this method. Follow these steps to connect your Samsung with Vizio soundbar with the help of Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth of your vizio soundbar
- then turn on your TV and select “sound” option from the settings.
- now select expert settings wireless speaker manager.
- and here you will find Bluetooth audio devices option. Hit the select button.
- select your soundbar from the list
- when the TV is connected to your vizio speaker turn on a video or an audio to test if the speaker is working fine with the tv.
Trouble shooting the Bluetooth
After following the steps mentioned above if your Vizio soundbar is not connecting with the TV, restart both the source device and the Vizio Sound Bar. Then try again to pair both devices. If you fail you need to turn it off and then turn on Bluetooth on the source device and then try again.
These are the three best methods we can suggest you. We highly recommend you to go for a cable connection as the are more reliable than wireless methods. There are some other options available like RCA cable if needed you can use that method too.