If you have a Vizio soundbar and don’t know how to connect it with your Amazon Alexa then stick with me because I am going to share 2 different methods on how you can easily connect your Vizio bar with Alexa step by step.
There are two methods to connect your Vizio soundbar to Amazon Alexa. From these two methods, I prefer the AUX cable the most as it is more reliable because A wired connection is much more stable than a wireless connection like Bluetooth.
Steps to connect Vizio soundbar To Alexa via bluetooth
Alexa can use Bluetooth to pair with your soundbar as long as the soundbar is Bluetooth enabled. Firstly make sure that your Vizio soundbar is connected to the electricity and power on. You will know that by looking at the little light indicator situated in the bottom left corner. If you don’t have the Amazon Alexa app installed on your phone download it from the app store. steps are given below;
- Hold and press the pairing button and the Bluetooth button for a few seconds until the lights sequence up and down on the left side of your Vizio soundbar.
- Or use your remote control by just powering on with the power button then pressing the Bluetooth button in the upper right corner for a few seconds
- Until the light starts to bounce up and down. This means the pairing mode has been enabled.
- Now open the Amazon Alexa app on your phone.
- Then in the bottom right where it says devices then click next button and hook it with your alexa.
- After that select the Model you are using then go to the wireless category.
- Now click the category which says Bluetooth devices. Click on the pair on new device option and wait for your vizio soundbar model name to show up.
- Click on the respected one now wait for 5 seconds and let them pair.
Steps to connect Vizio soundbar To Amazon Alexa Using AUX (3.5mm) Cable
Alexa can also be connected to the Vizio soundbar through a 3,5 mm Aux cable. This is one of the easiest wired connection methods but it is a wired connecting method this is why your Vizio soundbar and Alexa should be placed close to one another. Follow these steps below to connect two devices via AUX cable;
- Take a long 3.5 mm AUX cord
- Open Amazon Alexa app on your phone
- Go to the main menu settings and select Devices option
- Select your Alexa by it’s name
- Select AUX audio option and then Line in/Line Out
- Now connect the AUX cord’s one end to your Amazon Alexa and the another end on your Vizio soundbar.
- Now play an audio to check if it is working or not.
Does Amazon Alexa spy on you?
Alexa doesn’t record all your conversation but it does record some of them. As Alexa is always listening to you it’s always waiting for its wake word. According to Amazon, Alexa only records what you say after it detects your wake word. After recording your request, send it up to amazon’s cloud.
Are Amazon Alexa and Amazon Echo same?
No, Amazon Alexa and Amazon Echo are not the same because Alexa is a virtual voice assistant on the other hand Echo is physical a smart speaker that is used to interact with Alexa.
These are the methods to connect your Vizio soundbar with Amazon Alexa. You can improve Alexa’s lower sound-producing speaker with your high-powered Vizio soundbar as long as they both are compatible and connected.