The Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender is a device that works like a repeater for the router’s wireless signal. It can be set up wirelessly. The following steps will help you to set up your range extender wirelessly.
- Why is my Belkin extender not working?
- How do I reset my Belkin extender properly?
- What does glowing yellow light mean on the Belkin wifi extender?
- How do I access my Belkin dashboard?
- What is Belkin guest access?
- How do I change my Belkin wireless password?
8 Steps To Setup Belkin WiFi Extender
Before you start the setup process, please make sure that you have the following;
- A Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- A working Wi-Fi network and its SSID and password.
- A device that is wifi capable like a smartphone, computer or a tablet.
STEP 1: Plug your extender into a power socket make sure it is within the range of your router’s wireless network.
STEP 2: Using your smartphone or any other Wi-Fi-capable device, locate and connect to the Belkin setup network.
STEP 3: Launch a web browser and enter “https://belkin.range” or “https://192.168.206.1” in the Address bar to access the range extender’s web-based setup page.
STEP 4: Click on the “get started” button on your screen.
STEP 5: After searching SSID Select the wireless network name you want to extend and hit the “next” button.
STEP 6: When setup is done connecting with the network enter your wifi password and wait for it to authenticate your password.
STEP 7: If you have a dual-band network, select the second wireless network you want to expand instead of the first one then repeat Step 6.
STEP 8: Now review extended network information, Change the information if needed, or else click the “Create Extended Network” button to proceed with the setup. Your extender is now configured and ready to use. Your network settings will be shown on the screen, and you will have the option to print the information. If you don’t want to print the information just avoid this button.
Why is my Belkin extender not working?
Due to connectivity problems, the Belkin extender will stop working at your home or working area. So, during the installation process of Belkin Setup of your Belkin extender, must check for the network connectivity and make sure that it is turned on. If the extender is still not connecting, you should reset your extender. To reset the extender, press the reset button and hold it for 10 seconds. After releasing it and check again your extender.
How do I reset my Belkin extender properly?
- There is a “Reset” button on the back of your Belkin extender. To press this button use a pin or paperclip.
- Press and hold the “Reset” button for at least 10-15 seconds till the lights are starting flashing on the extender.
- Now release the “Reset” button & reboot the extender.
- When your extender fully reboots, restore the factory settings.
What does glowing yellow light mean on the Belkin wifi extender?
If your wireless network signal is weak but WiFi Extender is connected with the wireless network then the yellow light will appear. In this case, you might face a slower performance problem.
How do I access my Belkin dashboard?
- Firstly, launch a browser that you use to access internet.
- Now, navigate to Belkin router login IP- 192.168.2.1 on your web browser.
- Belkin router setup page will appear on your screen.
- Now click on the submit button to access your Belkin router setup page.
- After that you can access your Belkin dashboard.
What is Belkin guest access?
Guest access is a feature that visitors connect to their device from a separate access point on the router instead of the main network of your device. This feature will protect any kind of information from visitors to your device’s main network. There are some Belkin wireless Routers that have Guest Access features.
To use the Guest Access feature on Belkin Wireless Routers, you must follow these-
- Your Belkin router must connect to the computer using an Ethernet cable
- Open a web browser on your computer and enter with Belkin router default IP- 192.168.2.1. After that, the Belkin router setup page will appear.
- Click on the Login button.
- Then log on to it with a password and click the Submit button.
How do I change my Belkin wireless password?
- Launch any web browser
- Log into the router web interface. In the address bar, navigate to http://router or use the IP address of your router.
- Access WiFi settings. After you’ve logged in, select Security in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Set a new WiFi password.
A wifi extender keeps a significant role in increasing the network coverage at your home and office. No matter what existing system you have, You’ll get the right method to set up in our weekly blogs. We have discussed the easy and effective way to extend your wifi network with a Belkin extender. Anyone can connect their extender just by following these easy steps in a few minutes.