Welcome to our guide on MSRM wifi extender setup! If you’re struggling with weak or spotty wifi in certain areas of your home or office, the MSRM wifi extender can help. This compact device can boost your existing wireless signal, allowing you to extend your network coverage to hard-to-reach areas. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of setting up your MSRM wifi extender step by step. Whether you’re a tech novice or a seasoned pro, we’ve got you covered. So let’s get started and improve your wifi coverage!
What is a WiFi Extender?
Before we get started, let us go over what a WiFi extender actually is.
A wifi extender, also known as a wireless range extender or repeater, is a device that amplifies and extends the range of an existing wireless network. It works by receiving the wireless signal from a router or access point and rebroadcasting it to areas of the home or office where the signal is weak or nonexistent. Wifi extenders are typically easy to install and can provide a cost-effective solution for improving wifi coverage without the need for additional wiring or equipment. With a wifi extender, you can enjoy seamless connectivity and improved speeds in every corner of your home or office.
How to Setup an MSRM WiFi Extender?
There are two ways you can set up your MSRM WiFi extender:-
- WPS button method
- Web Portal Method
We’ll go over both of them one by one. Before we move on to setting up the MSRM WiFi extender, it is important to establish a proper spot to plug in your extender. The MSRM WiFi extender is plug-n-play, meaning you can simply plug it into a wall socket and it is good to go.
Placing the MSRM WiFi Extender
Ideally, you want to place your MSRM WiFi Extender at a place where you receive a stable WiFi signal from your router. If you choose a spot where there is weak or no signal, then there is no point in placing the extender there, as it is receiving no signal to extend further.
A general rule of thumb is to first identify dead spots where you receive no signal. Then, place your extender halfway between your router and the dead spot. This usually ensures a stable and strong connection is extended throughout your house. The Smart LED Indicator is a great help when trying to determine where to place your MSRM Extender.
WPS Button Method
To set up the MSRM Extender using the WPS Button Method, follow these steps:-
- Step 1: Locate the WPS button on your MSRM WiFi extender. It is usually located on the side or back of the device and may be labeled “WPS” or have a similar symbol.
- Step 2: Press and hold the WPS button on your MSRM WiFi extender for a few seconds. The WPS LED light will begin to blink. This indicates that the extender is in WPS setup mode and is ready to connect to your wireless router.
- Step 3: Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router. The WPS LED light on both the router and the extender will begin to blink. This indicates that the extender is connecting to the router’s wireless network using WPS.
- Step 4: Wait for a few seconds until the WPS LED lights on both the router and the extender stop blinking and become solid. This indicates that your MSRM WiFi extender has successfully connected to your wireless router. At this point, the extender will automatically receive the wireless network settings from the router.
- Step 5: Finally, connect your wireless devices to the MSRM WiFi extender using the default SSID and password, which are usually printed on a label on the extender itself. Alternatively, you can also configure the extender with a new SSID and password using the MSRM setup wizard or web interface.
Setting up the MSRM WiFi Extender Using the Web Portal
To set up the MSRM Extender using the web portal, follow these simple steps:-
- Step 1: Using your computer or mobile device, connect to the MSRM WiFi extender’s default wireless network. The SSID and password for the default network can usually be found on a label on the extender itself.
- Step 2: Open a web browser and type “http://ap.setup” or “http://192.168.10.1” into the address bar, and then press Enter. This will take you to the web portal for the MSRM WiFi extender.
- Step 3: If prompted, enter the default login credentials for the web portal, which are usually “admin” for both the username and password. If you have changed these credentials before, use the updated login details instead.
- Step 4: Once you’re logged in, you’ll be taken to the setup wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your MSRM WiFi extender.
- Step 5: First, choose the wireless network that you want to extend and enter its password. This will allow the MSRM WiFi extender to connect to your existing wireless network.
- Step 6: Next, choose a network name and password for your MSRM WiFi extender’s extended network. This network name and password will be used to connect to the extended network from your wireless devices. Make sure to choose a secure password to protect your network.
- Step 7: After completing the setup wizard, save the settings and wait for the MSRM WiFi extender to reboot.
- Step 8: Once the MSRM WiFi extender has rebooted, disconnect from the default wireless network and connect to the newly created extended network using the SSID and password that you just configured. You should now be able to access the internet through your extended network.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your MSRM WiFi Extender and improved the coverage and speed of your wireless network. With the easy-to-follow steps provided, you can now enjoy a stronger and more reliable connection throughout your home or office. Remember, the WPS button and web portal methods are both effective ways to set up your MSRM WiFi extender, and you can choose whichever method is most convenient for you. If you have any questions or issues with your MSRM WiFi extender, refer to the user manual or contact MSRM customer support for assistance.
If you are in the market for WiFi extenders, you may want to check out our picks on the top 5 WiFi extenders for 2023.