Has your ring floodlight secure camera ever been disconnected from your home wifi? If it’s the case, then you are probably thinking right now to reconnect your wifi or change the network!
It’s so easy you may could bite your fingers from excitement, you don’t need to go through some tricky steps, just follow the official setting and setup and reconnect or change wifi for any ring device (except ring alarm, this following is not for those devices)
But let’s see some of the major causes behind the incident to know why is this happening every time as floodlight cam goes offline frequently!
Why Ring Floodlight Cam Not Connecting To Wifi?
As we spoke to ring manufacturer, they have said to us that “there’s no internal problem in floodlight cam which causes losing wifi,” it may sound quite unacceptable for few of consumers but it’s true since we don’t see any issues till yet. So why is this happening?
There can be 2 reasons behind that which are based on our practical report and a few of them have been presumed.
- Network Issue
- Power Loss Issue
Network issue indicates some common mistake and incident that most of the time happened. We will discuss some few of them that might cause not connecting to wifi
Problem: Any power surge causes a tribulation with your router or sometime your router may lose power.
Solution: Check that all of your essential wires are securely connected in the first place and that the router’s front lights are all lit up green.
Problem: You may change your wifi password and you forgot to connect your floodlight cam to wifi after that.
Solution: Now open your network and put your new pass to reconnect it. Incase you forget your pass go to the router’s homepage, collect the password and fill the empty space or you can just reset your whole router for a fresh start.
Problem: It can be happened due to faulty router, check your device properly incase it’s having issue to connecting with main network.
Solution: If it comes out broke then try some of your router’s troubleshooting tips such as reset it, restart it, plug out ethernet cable from modem, and many more. If nothing comes out in favour, it’s time to chnage your device and shift to a new one.
Problem: For any reason your wifi devices is only connecting to every smart devices at home except ring floodlight camera, then you need to take a step against it.
Solution: Unplug and re-plug your router after 30 seconds. Check to see whether your Floodlight Cam reconnects itself.
Point to be noted that the majority of these scenarios are only transitory. In most circumstances, it should automatically reconnect to the network after the cases that prompted the disconnect have been resolved. Your device may, on rare occasions, remain disconnected. That’s when you should do a troubleshooting procedure to rule out any possible causes of the disconnect.
Power Lose Issue
You can probably be understanding the meaning of power losing your floodlight cam and it’s the most common cause of not connecting to the wifi network. But how would you know whether your device is running or not? Let’s dig in to find out
Step 1: If your Ring Floodlight Cam is linked to a light switch, be sure it hasn’t been mistakenly turned off.
Solution: If this occurs then simply flip the switch. To restore electricity, return the switch to the “On” position.
Step 2: Boldly click the setup button on the Floodlight Cam’s top panel. If your floodlight is operational, the following should occur:
- The first thing you will listen “Entering zsetup mode”
- The bottom light of the floodlight cam will blink.
- The device will turn on
- Just below the motion sensor, take a walk. You can be sure that your Floodlight Cam has electricity if the lights turn on.
Step 3: It can happen if you have mistakenly blown your breaker box.
Solution: Just reset your floodlight cam at the breaker.
Now, Allow the gadget to run once you’ve confirmed it’s receiving power. It should have immediately rejoined to your internet once the base light stops flickering and lights steadily.
Some Other Causes of not connection floodlight cam to wifi
- Your router is hidden under a sofa or in a cupboard.
- The name of your wifi network has changed, as has the password.
- Your ring device may facing problem while discovering 5 GHz network
- There are special characters or symbols in your wifi network password, such as a (#) or an asterisk (!). You can modify it by contacting to your Internet Service Provider to remove the unusual character.
How to change wifi network on ring floodlight camera?
If you’re facing temporary issue of not getting connected to your wifi or want to change the wifi network, then try these following:
- Tap the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Click on devices
- Choose whether you want to reconnect to wifi with your doorbell or security camera. The Device Dashboard is the following screen.
- Select Device Health.
- Now it’s your choice whether you want to reconnect it or chnage the wifi network of your ring floodlight camera.
FAQs On Ring Floodlight Cam
Is Ring Floodlight Camera Compatible With 5 GHz Networks?
According to ring official website, the ring floodlight camera is compatible with both bands 2 GHz and 5 GHz. Also some other compatible devices we have listed below:
- Ring Video Doorbell 3
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
- Ring Video Doorbell Elite
- Floodlight Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam Wired Pro
How to check if your ring floodlight cam’s battery is down?
- Go to Ring App and press the menu icon
- In the list on the left side of the screen, look for Devices.
- Select devices
- Choose the device you wish to test (security camera or doorbell).
- At the bottom of the screen, select Device Health.
- To check the battery charge, look for Power Status.