Vizio soundbar is one of the best and easy to set up soundbars. But there could be several issues you may be facing with your Vizio soundbar that you don’t know how to solve. If you are unable to identify where the problem is, resetting might be a possible solution.
To reset your Vizio soundbar just press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds. When all LEDs will flash three times that time you can be sure that the reset of the Vizio soundbar has been done
Resetting the soundbar will restore it to the factory settings. Any wrong settings you made will be reset as the set by default. Your soundbar will have settings as they were when you purchased it. Resetting your Vizio soundbar will take less than 20 sec but firstly you need to know why do you have to change it. Remember one thing when settings are changed, some things may cause malfunctioning of your soundbar.
Why and when you need to reset the Vizio sound bar?
- No audio from the soundbar
- Lights issues with the soundbar
- The soundbar is getting no power
- To change faulty settings.
No audio from the soundbar
If you are not hearing any sound from your Vizio soundbar and you haven’t thrown your soundbar here and there, then you shouldn’t have this problem. But sometimes we forget to increase the volume of the external audio source we are using. It is more likely that you’re soundbar is having some sort of software issue. To fix that, you can reset your soundbar to revert to the default settings.
Lights issues with the soundbar
one common issue with the Vizio soundbars is, lights automatically come on and off. And if you fail to find the problem you better reset your device.
If your Vizio soundbar is making weird buzzing noises and you are unable to find the cause you should move other wireless devices away from it, even defective input type could be a valid reason, If none of these is the reason, try resetting your Vizio soundbar to get it back to its default settings.
The soundbar is getting no power
Sometimes you might find your soundbar isn’t turning on, In that case, you should reset your soundbar first before you move on ahead to check the hardware. Resetting the soundbar can help solve the issue get the power on for your Vizio soundbar.
To change faulty settings
Sometimes we make faulty settings unwillingly while going through the settings. You should try changing the settings after finding the issues, but it can take a lot of effort and time this is why we prefer going for a reset of the Vizio soundbar. As it is a better solution for the issue and less time-consuming.
Soft Reset Vizio soundbar
- Turn off your soundbar first.
- Now remove all the power cables and connections. Keep it that way for 10 seconds.
- Then connect all the power cables back again. This should clear all the settings of your soundbar and reset it completely.
If you still face problems with your Vizio soundbar, then try the next hard reset steps.
Hard Reset Vizio Soundbar
This guide will take you through the steps to factory reset your Vizio soundbar. But before you start the process, Turn off your soundbar for 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Now let’s check out the ways you can reset your soundbar
- Press the “Input” and “Bluetooth” buttons and hold for 5 to 6 seconds. Your Vizio soundbar will restart. If not try the next step.
- Again press and hold the “Input” and “Volume Down” buttons for 5 to 6 seconds. All 12 LEDs will flash three times that means the factory reset is complete. If it does not restart, try the next step.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for five seconds. If the above two methods did not work for your soundbar, this one will work for sure.
We come up with these solutions as they can fix many minor issues. For any software issues, you can rely on a reset any day without worrying too much. Also, it saves up the cost and trouble of getting your soundbar checked by professionals. And with the resetting feature, you don’t need to worry too much about any trouble caused by software, and most of the time, any software issue gets fixed after a reset. If you are failing while resetting the soundbar, then contact vizio support for further help.